Terms and Conditions
We have tried to develop our website to make looking at and buying our plants as easy as possible. It is always going to be work in progress as we change plants, add more, remove some, add more information etc. We have listed all the plants we grow at the nursery but during each season quantities available may change - we will endeavour to highlight what plants are out of stock. If there is a plant you would like that is out of stock, please feel free to contact us and we will let you know when/if they will be available again or maybe help you find a suitable alternative.
Have a look at our plants and add any that you would like to buy to your shopping basket. Our plants come in various sizes, please select the pot size you would like to buy and the price will automatically appear.
Once you have selected all the plants you would like to buy please enter your delivery information. Once you have entered your information, the delivery amount is set at a flat rate of 5.00 no matter the amount of plants. This will be subject to review and may change in the future as the Nursery grows but you will know any changes in delivery at the point of checking out.
If you have any specific delivery instructions, please enter them where it says ‘Add a note or delivery instruction’ Please do not order plants if you are going to be away and can’t open the box straight away. Plants do not like sitting in boxes, drying out, a stressed plant does not transplant easily. If you want to order but delay delivery, please email us at email@example.com so that we can arrange when is best to deliver them to you.
Check out will take you to the payment section
We accept Visa and MasterCard debit and credit cards. Your order will only be processed subject to payment being authorised. Please note that the payment transaction will take place prior to delivery.
There is no minimum order, but there is a minimum carriage charge that applies to you order regardless of your order size.
Please note - at present we only deliver to Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland, this will hopefully change as we find our feet and the current situation improves.
We have tried to describe our plants as accurately as possible, but they are plants and can vary slightly in size and colour. We have kept our prices reasonable and endeavour to send out the hardiest, healthiest perennials you can buy. We have tried to keep pricing simple but this is subject to change and all changes will be corrected on the website immediately.Depending on the plant being purchased and the time of year, the plant purchased may be cut back prior to being packaged and posted.
Your order will, wherever possible, be sent to you in one delivery. We will only despatch plants Monday to Wednesday to avoid them sitting in transit over a weekend and possibly drying out. Please allow for this when ordering. We use Royal Mail and DPD couriers, aiming for 1-2 working days delivery.
It is important that you unpack your plants immediately upon receiving them. Please remove them from the packaging and give them air and a good drink. The sooner they are planted the better for them and for you. Also, we may trim back our plants before we post them, this is perfectly OK for herbaceous perennials, they will grow back perfectly.
If you are unhappy with your plant purchase we will refund, exchange, or issue a credit note for any plants you have bought within 14 days of receiving it as long as both the packaging and the goods remain intact and are able to be returned in the condition they were received in. You will then have a further 14 days to return the item. Return postage will only be refunded if the goods are not in a good condition on delivery. We are also unable to refund the original postage paid unless the goods are not in good condition when delivered. Please note, Herbaceous Perennials, by their nature mostly have dormant seasons, we will still despatch plants when dormant, their roots will be healthy but they may not have top growth, please be patient, plant them with care immediately and they will reward you during their growth months. If in doubt,please ask and we will advise if the plant is dormant and perfectly healthy or if there is a problem with the plant.
To make a return please carefully repackage and send the plants to Potters Hill Plants, 62 Aghnatrisk Road, Hillsborough, Co Down, Northern Ireland, BT26 6TJ. Please include your name, details of return or exchange and Order ID.
Please ask for proof of postage from your post office. We cannot refund plants that are lost in transit.
Returns are dealt with as soon as they arrive; however, during busy periods please allow 14 days for your return or exchange to be processed.
Online shop security is one of our highest priorities. We have devoted great care and effort to ensure that our online shop is as secure as possible and have installed the best security measures to safeguard your information.
Trade Description Act
Every care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions and specifications were correct at the time of going to press. All dimensions are approximate and while we make every effort to reproduce colour accurately there may be slight colour variations that occur during printing. Some of the products are natural and handmade and may vary slightly from the picture.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and General Data Protection Regulation (2018). Read our Privacy Statement.We will not share any customers details.
We collect your personal information in order to provide you with the best possible service. We will not email you in the future unless you have given us your consent. You will be given the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
Data collected by this site is used to:
a. Take and fulfill customer orders
b. Administer and enhance the site and service
c. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Potters Hill Plants’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.